Deeply rooted in the Pauillac appellation of Bordeaux, Château Lynch-Bages stands out as an emblem of French winemaking tradition. This renowned Fifth Growth estate has a history dating back to the 18th century and is celebrated for crafting wines of extraordinary depth, elegance, and longevity.
A Brief History
The first writings that mention the lands of “Batges” date back to the 16th century. Located at the entrance of Pauillac, these lands were home to generations of wine growers for centuries. The estate was initially known as “Cru de Lynch” and later renamed Château Lynch-Bages in honor of its location in the Bages hamlet. The Lynch family, of Irish descent, owned and managed the estate for 75 years. Since 1939, the Cazes family has been at the helm, fostering the Château’s reputation for excellence.
Château Lynch-Bages is celebrated for its signature wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated blend that beautifully showcases the power and structure typical of Pauillac. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot round out the blend, adding complexity and nuance.
The Château’s wines are highly sought-after for their remarkable consistency across vintages and their ability to age gracefully. At 305 Wines, we are thrilled to offer several vintages of Château Lynch-Bages:
- Château Lynch-Bages 2020: This promising vintage is marked by its refined tannins, concentrated fruit, and excellent aging potential.
- Château Lynch-Bages 2015: A standout vintage that showcases the Château’s ability to balance power and elegance.
- Château Lynch-Bages 2017: Known for its expressive fruit and approachable style, this vintage is ideal for earlier drinking.
In addition to their flagship wine, the Château also produces a second wine, Echo de Lynch-Bages, and Famille J-M Cazes Pauillac. These wines share the Château’s hallmark of quality and offer a taste of the estate’s style at a more approachable price point.
- Echo de Lynch-Bages 2019: This second wine offers an attractive, earlier-drinking style while still exhibiting the richness and complexity associated with the estate.
- Famille J-M Cazes Pauillac 2018: An expression of Pauillac made by the Cazes family, this wine offers exceptional value and a true taste of the region.
Discover the exemplary wines of Château Lynch-Bages at 305 Wines and experience the true expression of Pauillac, one of the most revered appellations in Bordeaux.